Who: Readers and listeners, pre K~ 8th grade
What: Summer Reading Fun 2016
When: To be determined
Where: Southwest Harbor Public Library & Bass Harbor Memorial Library
Come to the library next summer! We have great books and rewards for kids who read everyday! Bass Harbor Memorial Library will be joining us again in the same fun program.
- Bring your parents to the library to sign up as soon as school is out.
- Agree to read at least 20 minutes each day, or refer to the goals you set at the end of the school year.
- We’ll give you a reading journal.
- You or a parent write down the title of each book you read or listen to.
- Once a week, bring your journal to the library to have a mini book talk with a librarian. We have picture response forms for younger readers and listeners. If your book is long, don’t worry, finished or not we still want to see you once a week. We’ll talk for a few minutes, initial your reading log and give you a reward!
- There are seven weeks and many rewards to choose from such as, miniature golf games, goodies, and gifts donated by local merchants.
- Pemetic and Tremont students please take your journals to school in the fall; teachers want to see them.
Please choose a reward before you come to the library!
Here are some of the awards from 2015. 2016 Awards to be confirmed:
- Abbe Museum - free pass for one child and one parent
- Bass Harbor Camp Ground - day pass for swimming pool
- Carroll Drug Store - treat from gift basket
- Gott's Store - slice of pizza
- Little Notch Café - cookie
- Maine Granite Museum - free family pass
- Milagro Cafe - smoothie
- Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf - a token for miniature gold
- Pizzaz - gift
- Quietside Café - small ice cream cone
- Sawyer's Market - popsicle
- Seal Cove Auto Museum - free pass for one parent and one child
- Under the Dogwood Tree - gift
- Wendell Gilley Museum - free pass for one parent and one child